Monday Made It: July 27

Well folks, this is my last Monday of summer vacation. I have leadership team tomorrow, Wednesday off, and I return to school on Thursday for the start of the 2015-2016 school year. Where, oh where, did the summer go???

I am linking up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for my favorite 
linky party ever!!

I have four things to share with you today. One of them I bought the materials, printed the tag, and assembled it. Another one I ordered. It was handmade...just not by me. I'm the girl from sewing class that created a dress that looked like it couldn't qualify for sack status. In my defense, how was I supposed to control that foot pedal? I mean honestly. I didn't even have a learner's permit yet. That foot pedal was at zero or 900 miles per hour!! Let's just say, my teacher didn't make me wear the "dress." Because the police would have been brought in and we both would have been arrested. ;) The third project also involved sewing; I was the inspiration, and my sweet hubby was the pedal pusher. And the last one, well, I actually made that one all by myself (and no sewing machine was harmed in the making of the project).
Moving on to the projects....

Project number one this week involved creating a sweet back to school gift for my two elementary age boys' teachers. Here are the pics of the contents:




The cup was on sale at Target for $1.80. It is dishwasher safe!!! Woot woot! The cup is filled with-you guessed it- Hershey's Kisses.
All of these goodies were from Michaels. Mr. Sketch comes in fine tip now. I almost had a moment in the Michaels store....the kind that draws concerned stares from non-teacher types. I know you know what I'm talking about! :)  I got the $6.99 markers half off. The pretty note cards on the left were 70% off and the "Happy is this way" notepad was $1.50.


The last group is the "must have," "need it," "I really don't want to buy any of this stuff for my own classroom" stuff. At least that's how I feel about all this stuff. A regular box of Kleenex wouldn't fit into the cutesy basket. I included the travel packs because they are great for field trips and field day. (Don't judge!  I will send in real boxes of Kleenex the first week.)

Here is what the final product looks like in the Dollar Tree baskets I bought:



Now for the happy news! You remember that cute little tag on the cup? It's an editable freebie in Polka Dots Please shop on TpT. It's not too late for you to create these cute cups for your kiddo's teacher!
Just click on the picture and it will take you right over to her store! Thanks so much for sharing Emily!



As many of you know, I am changing schools this year and moving out of a classroom into the media center. In my county, we have Spirit Fridays.              {Anything that allows me to wear jeans gets capital letters. ;)} 
 Anywho, I didn't have any school spirit shirts to wear. So, I hopped on Etsy and found the cutest little shop with the most helpful owner and ah.ma.zing turnaround time! I ordered these on a Wednesday after convo-ing back and forth. I received them on Saturday people. Of.the.same.week. #thisiswhyidon'tsew #somebodydoesitbetter
It helps shorten the shipping time since we're both in Georgia.
 Take a look at this fabulosity!


Mmm hmm. Now you want her contact information, don't you? The shirts were $15 apiece and you get to choose shirt color and fabric color/design. 
Amanda is offering $3 off every purchase of $15 or more through September 30. And if you're wondering, this is not a paid advertisement. I do not know Amanda personally, and I am not being reimbursed for this endorsement. (I sound like an infomercial, don't I?) I would appreciate it greatly if you'd wait one day to flood her with orders. I'd like to get my second order in before that happens. ;) Oh, and tell her Tonya sent you. Maybe I will get a free shirt!!

Okay, you know how in some schools when a teacher leaves a classroom gets raided? All of the good stuff is replaced with broken down, really been used (and stained), and less than perfect items? Well, my new media center had a couple of badly stained parson's chairs shoved in when no one was looking. And now I'm stuck with them. They are stained and a plaid print with roses and gold tones. The school colors by the way are purple and green. I know; I'm just as confused as you are. So, I did the only thing I could. I ordered chair covers. Iron them, slide them on, and problem solved. Right? Um, no. The "one size fits all" chair cover did not fit the chairs. And because they have a skirt that is sewn to the chair, I couldn't flip it up. Enter the wonderful hubby. 
#supertalented #lovethatman
 
I'm not sure how well you can see it, but he added 2" of gray trim at the bottom. He is a life saver for sure!! Now I need to take them to school, iron them, cross my fingers, toes, and tongue, and pray that they go all the way to the floor!! I will post before and after pics. Say a prayer y'all. It ain't pretty to see a grown teacher cry! (I know that I just used improper grammar.) #noneedforagrammarintervention

My final MMI is actually one that I made. All.by.myself. 
I shared this on Five for Friday, so if you've already checked that out this week's class is dismissed for you. Have a great week! Otherwise, keep reading please!

I created a cute sign to break up the endless brown monotony that is the circulation desk. The colors go with all of the other things I've created for the media center including the "Welcome" banner. Each of them is only a $1 in my TpT store. Click on the picture to head on over and check them out.

What last minute preparations are you making for back to school? Or are you planning your last hurrah for summer vacation? 









6 comments:

  1. Love your made its! I hope your chair cover works out - it looks great in your pictures!
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the chair covers in today, and they worked like a charm! Too bad the ironing took forever!! Thanks for the well wishes; it worked! :)
      Tonya

      Delete
  2. I teach at a beach school, so we are very laid back. I get to wear jeans EVERY DAY. I know you are jealous right about now. I LOVE the shirts that you had made. I am definitely pinning to order. Your hubby sounds like a lifesaver like mine. He can do everything that I can't do...which is mostly everything! Lol
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so.insanely.jealous. (of both your beach location and the jeans)! At my new school we can wear jeans on Wed. and Friday so that's an improvement from just Fridays. Maybe I will slowly make it to jean nirvana if I keep changing schools. ;)
      Thank the good Lord for handy husbands. My classroom wouldn't look half as good or be half as functional without him!
      Tonya

      Delete
  3. I love the t-shirts. Our school is really different- some people really dress up and some people where jeans and t-shirts everyday. I go somewhere in the middle.

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm somewhere in the middle, too. Although truthfully, I would wear jeans most days (3-4 out of 5) if it was an option! ;)
      Tonya

      Delete