Five for Fraturday: July 18

Well, I find myself following in the footsteps of one of my favorite bloggers ever- Kristen over at A Teeny Tiny Teacher with a Five for Fraturday post instead of Five for Friday.  Oh well, migraines happen and when they do everything else grinds to a halt. Thankfully, I'm feeling much better today. So here we go!

This will be my view tomorrow. I mean minus the hairy legs because clearly I'm not a guy, and I shave my legs and everything practically all.the.time. Well, at least in the summertime. ;) My little ol' family is going tubing. This will be the first time for my three boys. It's sure to be a blast!! Although perhaps not so quiet and serene as this picture!



I am offering my American Heroes Bundle which is on the largest number of wish lists for almost half price TODAY only! Now is your chance to scoop it up and start getting prepped for the beginning of the year!


Here's a sneak peek at one of my Monday Made It projects.  I need to get busy since I will be tubing tomorrow afternoon! I'm making bookends for the media center. I got the inspiration early in the summer from someone who posted on MMI. If it was you, please let me know so I can give you credit!  I am thinking I will combine paint with scrapbook paper attached with Mod Podge.  It will probably be determined by the amount of time I have to work on it.  Check back on Monday to see the results.



If you've been reading my blog this summer, you know that we are trying to get our house ready to put on the market. Here's an update of the bathroom floor. Projects like this go so slowly when my hubby is working on them in the evening after work when the boys are in bed. However, the end is in sight! The floor needs to be grouted and sealed and it will be finished!  Praise the Lord for a handy hubby!!

Our bathroom only had tile halfway and then carpet in front of the sink. #disgustinggrossandnasty
This looks so, so, so, so (to quote past kindergarten students) much better!

Last, but not least, I indulged in a little back to school retail therapy.  I had some gift cards to Loft and had lots of fun at the 50% off (including sale items) sale. Everything I purchased was on the "clearance" rack except the white cardigan.



For some reason the cardigan looks pinkish...I promise it's really white.  Those white pants are divine!  All of this is totally work appropriate yet comfortable which is an absolute must in my book! I didn't pay 1 red cent out of my own money...woo hoo!! Loft has 60% off online right now. You should check it out. ;)

Then I headed over to Gap because it was right next store with a BIG sale sign in the window. I couldn't just pass that by now could I? No gift cards here, but they were also having a 50% off sale including clearance. I spent $50 there and left with this:
 This is my "Meet the Teacher" dress. It has pockets people. POCKETS!!  Plus, it was only $25. I'm going to throw a light cardigan on with it, cute ballet slippers, and BAM! I'm dressed for the big event. I'm thinking I will wear an orange cardigan. What color do you think would be perfect with it?
 This looks really wrinkly and little out of focus. :(  However, it's in the blue family, has a cute ruffle detail on the bottom, and the collar is rolled a little.  At $7 I couldn't pass it up!
My last purchase needs to introduction. What teacher doesn't love a maxi skirt?!?! They make dressing easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy! Am I right? 
Also, Gap is having an online sale and there's a code on Retail Me Not for an extra 40% off. They have a super cute light denim jacket for 17ish dollars. Click on the picture and it will link you over to Gap.


What are you doing to prepare for back to school?




2 comments:

  1. Orange would be fabulous! You're a very busy lady. I can't even imagine trying to get a house ready for market and doing back to school at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy,
    I guess we do what we have to do, right? I am actually thankful that it's summer; at least I'm not grading papers, conferencing with parents, going to meetings, etc.! I'm just praying it will sell quickly and at the price we need when we finally finish. :)
    I am really leaning towards the orange, too!
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete