Five for Friday: January 1

May I ask you a question? Seriously, where in the world did 2015 jet off to?!?! This year has flown by and like all good moms everywhere, I just want it to sloooooow down. My oldest headed off to middle school (What?!?!?! How is that even possible? I just gave birth to him last week!!), my middle is in 3rd grade, and the little is in 1st. It's going too fast.....  so here's a review of our Christmas break. 



Here is my little on Christmas morning modeling his new winter hat that clearly he doesn't need because it's 75 degrees at my house.... in December. The important thing here though is that he looks like an impish little elf (life imitating art people, life imitating art)! This is one of my favorite photos from the holidays!



Big had his first Christmas concert with the middle school beginner's band. It is amazing to me that this group of kiddos just began learning to play in August. His band director deserves a hearing transplant (they didn't always sound this good) and a vacation to a tropical isle where it is not currently raining!

Pinterest is our friend, right? I spent part of the break pinning ideas for a library renovation that will be happening this summer. I'm so excited and equally overwhelmed simultaneously! I'm pretty sure that Pinterest exacerbated the second problem. ;) #imaginethat
 Click on the picture to see the ideas I've gathered. I'd love to hear from you if you have completed an elementary library renovation. I can use all the ideas I can get!
Like all good teachers everywhere, I spent a portion of the break scouring the internet for lessons for the LMC. Since this is my first year and I am planning for PreK-5th and two self-contained special needs classrooms, I can use all the help I can get! I found loads of good ideas and many books connected to the lessons that I need to order. Click on the picture to head on over to see if there's anything you can use in your library.



So, Dr. Seuss' birthday is celebrated in March. And if you read my last blog post, you know I am a fan! Anywho, as I was looking for lesson plans, I came across a fantastic mystery incorporating many of Dr. Seuss' most famous characters. The kiddos will be required to use evidence from the "crime scene" and the text clues to infer what might have happened. Loads of reasoning and defending their conclusions in this lesson. I can't wait!! You can click on the picture below to head over to Sarah's blog Everything Library to read the details there.



The Clemson Tigers won the Orange Bowl and are headed to the National Championship!!! This Clemson graduate couldn't be more thrilled!! The game against Oklahoma was a nail biter (for me at least). My 3 boys kept looking at the woman screaming at the t.v. and hopping up and down like she was an alien. What can I say, I'm....



and am as passionate a fan as any other Tiger!





I love these crazy nuggets! Christmas through your children's eyes comes close to recapturing the magic and joy we felt at their age. Don't you agree?
#christmasmagic#eyesofachild

Here's wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment