Five for Fraturday ~ January 23

Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching is hosting her weekly linky party Five for Friday. I am fashionably late this week like Kristen at A Teeny Tiny Teacher often is. That makes it okay, right?

I'm totally going out of order here, but I wanted to give Snowmageddon the respect it deserves! I live in Georgia, and any snow is good snow! #happyboys #snowballfight!!

I know the picture doesn't look crisp; that's because I took it through the storm door while drinking coffee in my jammies. #dontjudge #itwassupercold



Hidden Picture: Numbers 1-30 is my latest creation in my TpT store. You may not know this, but just 2 short years ago I completed a decade in kindergarten. The little people have my heart!! Drawing on that experience, I created a packet to go along with a game my kiddos loved to play. I used it as part of my calendar time, but I also used the card pieces to have individuals and small groups practice ordering the numbers 1-30, practice ordering/naming patterns, and can it even be used as your calendar pieces.

I put the cards in my pocket chart. You hide a picture behind one of the numbers, and the kids try to guess where the hidden picture is located. I always made mine say the number and also point to it to make sure they truly recognized the number and not just the name. The first kiddo that found the hidden picture got to be the teacher and hide it again. He/She would then get to call on classmates to guess and we'd play another round.

The hidden pictures are 2.5" x 2.5" while the numbered cards are 3" x 3" so they truly will be hidden!


This game can also be used for accelerating and differentiating. For example, you might give the following clue: I'm thinking of a number with 2 ones and 1 ten. What's my number? You can use it in small groups and only use the numbers 1-10 with your struggling group. You can pass out a number card to kiddos and have them build it with tens and ones using unifix cubes. The options are nearly endless!!
My kiddos loved this game so much that they would ask to play during free choice center time. #kidwin #teacherwin
This packet will be 20% in my TpT Store until sometime Sunday evening.



The Groovy Book Fair has arrived!! I will be busy selling books to happy readers all next week. I'm so thankful it arrived on Friday ahead of the nasty weather. I would have been the least popular teacher in the school if I had to tell children the book fair didn't arrive on time!






I saw this parody on Adele's Hello on FB this week by third grade teacher Mary Morris. It's titled Snow. It sums up how most teachers feel about snow days perfectly! Added bonus....she can actually sing!!

Last but not least...since the weather outside is frightful, I am surfing the web. #imaginethat
I have two nonteachery (pretend that's a word) blogs that I love to stalk! One is all about fashion and the other is more about food with a dash of fashion and family.

Pinterest Told Me To is penned by Sheaffer. It's all things girly: clothes, jewelry, makeup....Sheaffer finds the fabulous sales and links it all up for your shopping pleasure! Love, love, love her site! 


For my favorite foody blog, I go to Mix and Match Mama. She has some fabulous, easy (read no weird ingredients) crock pot recipes that my children will actually eat!
Shay has really yummylicious desserts as well.

I made Slow Cooker Chicken & Noodles earlier this week. My sons (ages 11, 9, and 7) devoured it!! #hugewin 
And I'm telling you, the ingredients were regular, normal people food I already had on hand!! I've linked over so you can check it out. It's not too late to make if for dinner tonight!


Stay warm friends...enjoy some quality weather induced time with your family!


No comments:

Post a Comment