Happy New Year Sale!

Thank you to Happy Little Kindergarten for the graphic!

New Year's Eve has arrived and my mind is torn between planning for the new year (resolutions, lesson plans, meal plans, etc. ).  And like most women I know, Christmas clearance and bargain shopping are on the list, too! Everything in my TpT Store is currently on sale 20% off! Click HERE to browse my shop.

If you teach 2nd grade, I'd recommend you check out the following unit for celebrating the 102nd Day of School! You can read all about how I used the unit and see it in action HERE.
I firmly believe that we are currently have developmentally inappropriate practices in place in the primary grades. You will see that I have included art activities that require students to utilize their fine motor skills. I believe that the shift to all academics all.the.time has left a large gap in students' skills. You can incorporate as many or as few of the crafts as you choose depending on your situation and your administration. I would encourage you to try to fit at least one into the unit. The animal cage is a particularly good one as it incorporates creativity, coloring, cutting, and threading the yarn through the holes.  Okay, I'm stepping off of my soap box now! #dontgetmestarted


Another fantastic resource for January is my Martin Luther King, Jr. lapbook. 
This lapbook allows older students to continue to practice fine motor skills (let's be real; all 2nd and 3rd graders are not proficient in this area). There are more activities than will realistically fit on the lapbook which means you get to decide which activities will be most beneficial for your class or for individual students. Students will research MLK to complete the vocabulary, timeline, character traits mini book, interesting facts, etc. As the teacher, you can structure these lessons to be independent, partner, small group, whole group, or any combination therein. Click HERE to check out this resource. 

Happy New Year friends! #clearanceshop #saleshoptilyoudrop!


No comments:

Post a Comment