Five for Friday ~ February 26

I'm a little late joining in with Kacey over at Doodle Bugs Teaching, but better late than never, right?



I am super excited to be a part of a group of 150 TpT sellers that are having a Super Leap Day Sale!! #superleap  #supersavings


This is going to be tons of fun! Simply click on the picture to go TpT. Once there, type in #superleap in the search bar. It will bring up all of the items on super sale!! Each store owner has set his/her own discount price, but I know some sellers are going as high as 29% off on select items!  I am one of those sellers, so I hope you will check out my store
Storybook Endings. Another way to search the sale is by grade level or subject area. Click HERE to go to a resource that lists all of the participating stores and breaks the sale down into categories for super easy shopping.


I have been busy preparing for a full on library renovation this summer....new carpet squares, paint, new ceiling tiles, and light fixtures. That means that in my first year in the media center I'm having to do something that I would rather not do. I'm having to weed extensively because everything that remains gets packed by yours truly!  So, bye bye to all of the books that look anything like this....
or this
or this.

Wish me luck! It's a daunting task especially when you don't have a budget big enough to replace all of the books that need to be replaced.
Soccer season has begun and 2 of my 3 boys are playing. That means soccer practice on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday with games on Saturday. Add in Scouts on Monday and Tuesday for meeting nights, and I'm exhausted just thinking about it. No, wait! Mr. Big (who is not playing soccer) will be starting back in advanced swim, and it's not even on my calendar yet. I love this time of the year when it begins to warm up, but sometimes the hectic schedule makes this mama want to slow things down a bit!

Speaking of Scouts, we participated in the District Level Pinewood Derby this weekend. For those of you who don't know about the Pinewood Derby, it involves the dads building cars from a chunk of wood. The kiddos typically design and paint it (in my experience anyway). Then we all get together and race them down a track. The fastest cars go onto the district race. At any rate, we raced again this weekend. 







My boys didn't win at district, but they got their trophies for winning in their pack. Happy boys!!
Have a happy week and enjoy your extra Leap Day with a little shopping!





No comments:

Post a Comment